Service Information Notice: INF5520/INF5520a/INF55WIN8/INA-MCENTER/INF7011/INF7021/INF6511/INF6521/INF5720/INF5711/INA-MCENTER2
Intel SA 00075 Security Advisory for Active Management Technology
Intel has released an Security Advisory pertaining to potential security vulnerability in PC BIOS that utilize or have the AMT function enabled.
For Sandy Bridge PC modules used in the INF5520/INF5520a/INF55WIN8/INA-MCENTER models there will not be a BIOS update but there is a solution for those customers concerned.
The solution is to disabled the AMT function inside of the BIOS to mediate the risk.
For the Haswell PC Module (INF7011/INF7021/INF6511/INF6521/INF5720/INF5711/INA-MCENTER2) models we are researching with engineering for a BIOS update but in the interim simply disable AMT function in BIOS.
Disabling AMT Function:
To meet the requirement for Intel SA 00075 Security Advisory for Active Management Technology the solution is to disable the Intel AMT function inside of the BIOS. There will not be a BIOS update for this PC module.
To disable the AMT functionality in the INF5520/INF5520a PC Module follow the steps below:
- Reboot the PC module with a wired keyboard attached. As soon as the system restarts immediately start pressing the “Delete” key on the keyboard continuously every ½ second until the PC boots into the BIOS menu.
Note: If it boots into Windows reboot and try again
- Once the PC boots into the BIOS menu right arrow to the “Advanced” tab
- Then down arrow to the AMT Configuration option and press the “Enter” key on the keyboard
4. With the “Intel AMT” highlighted press enter the select “Disabled”
5. Press “F4” Save & Exit
6. Select “Yes” to save and exit.
7. AMT function is now disabled