Service Information Notice: Service Information Notice: Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition (1709) Corrupts Mondopad Browser Admin Access
Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update corrupts the IIS Default AppPool for the Mondopad Browser Admin causing the Browser Admin not to launch showing HTTP Error 503
Solution: (Until fixed by Microsoft)
Images in attached PDF
This is the instructions about how to recreate a MondopadAppPool for Mondopad Admin fix for WIN10 Falls Creators upgrade.
- Run inetmgr.exe(IIS manager)
- Once Window popups, Click “Application Pools” in the left pane. It will show you all the AppPools in the list.
- Click “Add Application Pool” in the right pane
- A small setting dialog box will popup, please input Name(e.g. MondopadAppPool), choose “.Net CLR Version v4.0.30319 “ , choose “integrated”, and click OK to save it.
- Go to left pane, and click “Application Pools”, you will see “MondopadAppPool” in the list, right click it, and popup “advance settings”, please enable 32-Bit Application to True, click OK to save the change.
- Go to left pane again, and click to expand “Sites” then click “default Web Site”. Select “basic setting” in right pane, then choose “MondopadAppPool” to Application Pool for Mondopad admin, then Click “OK”.
- Restart IIS: click the web server (the machine name) on the top of left pane, and then click the button “Restart” at right pane to restart everything.
Steve Reynolds CTS/ISF-C/Quality Green Belt
Field Application Engineer