Chrome 42 and Infocus Software (121 and ConX)
Re-Enabling NPAPI plug-ins in Chrome browser 42
Explanation - With the release of Chrome 42 Google has disabled a set of plug-ins originally written by Netscape to allow software to interface with the browser. In order for the 121 and the ConX software to function properly these plug-ins need to be turned back on.
- From the Chrome browser window Enter “chrome://flags/#enable-npapi” without the quotes into the address bar and press enter as seen in the below snapshot.
- Locate the Enable NPAPI section and verify that it’s enabled as seen below.
- Close the browser window.
- Launch Browser and attempt to make call again
- If the plug in is blocked by chrome you will receive a notification indicating that action is required to unblock the plug-in
- In the top right corner of the screen click on the Icon with the red X as seen below
- You will see the following screen
- Select “Always allow”
- Click done and your connection will continue.